Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme that was originally created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey and is now hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. To find out more about this booktastic topic, visit the Goodreads group here!
This week’s topic is “Characters You WOULDN’T Want to Trade Places With”.
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games – she is an amazing character but there is no way in heck I would ever want to trade places with her. I would be the first one to die in The Hunger Games, and it would probably be from something lame like dehydration because I don’t know how to find water, or falling out of a tree.
- Amy Gumm from Dorothy Must Die – she basically has to undergo hardcore ninja/magic training so she can kill evil Dorothy. Even though she gets to do some pretty badass things, I would not want all of that pressure to save Oz on my shoulders.
- John Watson from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes– he has to put up with all of Sherlock’s antics and danger, and I am not patient or brave enough for that.
- Kirsten Raymonde from Station Eleven – she is living in a world after a flu pandemic that has disintegrated life as we know it. I cannot imagine living in a world like that. The violence, the uncertainty. The lack of indoor plumbing and running water.
- Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – I think I would be okay with trading places with the original Elizabeth Bennet because Mr. Darcy, but if you throw zombies in there I’m out. I’m not about to fight any zombies. Plus they kept calling sweat “exercise moisture” and I can’t handle that either.
If you hadn’t noticed, there is a theme here of me not being a very good survivalist. I am not an adrenaline junkie, or a risk taker. I enjoy reading about these characters but I definitely would not want to trade places with them. If the TARDIS materializes in my back yard however…I might change my mind.