Hello my fellow bookworms! It’s almost 2017! I got this survey from Nicole, A Library of Sorts who is participating in Jaime from Perpetual Page Turner’s end of year survey. This was a really fun survey to fill out and I hope you do it too!
2016 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 40/30
Number of Re-Reads: 4
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult
Best In Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2016? The Night Circus
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? Pride & Prejudice & Zombies (I still liked it, just not as much as I expected myself too)
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? The Serpent King
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? The Serpent King
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Best series started: The Lunar Chronicles
Best Sequel: The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die series)
Series Ender: N/A
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016? Mindy McGinnis
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran (memoirs)
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? The Night Circus
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? Thursday Next series
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016? Yes Please by Amy Poehler
11. Most memorable character of 2016? Travis from The Serpent King
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016? The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016? Tie between: The Opposite of Loneliness and Serpent King
14.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket (176 pgs)
Longest: Barkskins by Annie Proulx (717 pgs)
15. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: A Madness So Discreet
16. Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? Oz in Dorothy Must Die
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016? New Leaf Writer (http://www.newleafbooknook.com, their site is under construction right now though)
2. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? Harry Potter and the Cursed Child midnight release party at The Tattered Cover in Denver, CO.
3. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016? Getting over 50 likes on a bookstagram picture! (shameless plug – follow me on Instagram! iamabookdrunkard)
4. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year? Coming up with ideas for blog posts/pictures.
5. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? One of my Top 5 Wednesday Posts – Books You Want to See as TV Shows
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017? The Lord of Rings trilogy
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)? Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles)
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? Don’t have one yet
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017? Don’t have one yet (I’m bad at looking ahead for releases)
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?Have a better posting schedule and read more books.
That’s all folks! Comment with your own end of year survey; I would love to read them. Happy New Year!