Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme that was originally created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey and is now hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. To find out more about this booktastic topic, visit the Goodreads group here!
This week’s topic is “Books to get you out of a reading slump“.
I love all of these books so this list kind of turned into a “read all of my favorite books!” post, BUT I promise they will break you out of the meanest slump this winter.
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – This is the first book in the The Lunar Chronicles series and it will pull you into the series, therefore slump broken because there are four books to read! Plus several “in between” books. Reading slump smashed!
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – such a fun read with great relationships between sisters, families, friends and boyfriends. It was a really refreshing read for me for some reason.
3. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde – The first in the Thursday Next series and one of my all-time favorite books. The story is set in a world that is very book centric and that alone is splendid but all of the literary puns and allusions make it an absolute joy.
4. The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson – I think I can easily promise that this book will be like nothing you have read before. The story is quirky, somewhat ridiculous and completely enjoyable. Also, each of the characters are distinctive and enthralling. This book could snap even the most intense slump.
5. Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick – this is a light, fun read that lets you into Kendrick’s mind a little bit. As far as memoirs go, it is one of my favorites because it felt like Anna Kendrick was speaking directly to me. I felt like we were friends after I finished reading and made me want to read more memoirs (ha! another way to snap a slump).
I hope these books help if you are in a slump! You should read them even if you aren’t slumping because they are all fabulous 🙂 Let me know in the comments what book helped you get out of a reading slump!