Hello book friends! I got nominated! *jazz hands* Thank you so much to The Book Cover Girls for nominating me for this award!
I have never participated in this tag before so I’m very excited to begin.
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you
- Answer the questions
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award
- Ask them 3 questions
The Book Cover Girls’ Questions
1. The world has turned into a zombie apocalypse and you are alone! You have the magical ability to bring a single fictional character to life to help you survive. Who would you bring to help you? Why them of all people?
THE DOCTOR! Hands down. Specifically Eleven because he is my Doctor. He’s great in a crisis and that sonic screwdriver can come in handy in any situation (as long as it isn’t wood related). The TARDIS could also keep us safe or whisk us away. This is basically turning into an excuse to travel around in the TARDIS…and I’m 100% okay with that.
2. We always ask about the things we love. Let’s change that up a bit. What is your least favorite book of all time? What makes it terrible?
The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai. I read this in high school and it has stuck in my head as my least favorite book ever since. I like multiple character POV story telling but I hated it in this book because the story felt so disjointed.
3. What is the best book you’ve read in 2017 and what’s so great about it?
ugh I have to pick one?! oh no…uhhh brb…
*puts you on hold*
*Disney songs start playing*
Okay I’ve thought long and hard and have decided on…The Power by Naomi Alderman. The story was so, well, powerful, and one of the best social narratives I have ever read. I don’t think any other book, besides The Handmaid’s Tale, made me think so much. There were so many scenarios that flipped traditional gender roles and stereotypes. This book blew my mind.
What is your favorite quote from a book you read this year?
What book are you dying to have made into a movie/TV series? Why?
What fictional character would you want as a best friend?
My nominations! *drum roll please*
Lindsey @ Paradis Books / Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek / Claire @ Cup of Books / Swetlana @ The Caffeinated Bookworm / Ellie @ Blogging for Dopamine / Simant @ Flipping Through the Pages / Chelsea @ romweasley / Pippa @ the little book owl
Link back to this post so I can see your answers!
P.S. no pressure to do this tag if you’ve done it before, or simply don’t want to