Hello reading world!
So far in 2018 I have read nine books. So I am 11% of the way to my goal of 80 and three books behind schedule according to Goodreads. I’m not here for your judgement Goodreads, let me live.
Not gonna lie, I have been in a bit of a reading slump. Not because I don’t have anything to read or I don’t want to read but because I keep getting distracted by other things. I’m like a magpie, anything shiny will detour me. The Olympics definitely put a damper on my reading because if I wasn’t at work, I was watching athletes fly around in the air on snowboards and skis. It’s so exciting! How do they do it??
I do have two books checked out on Overdrive at the moment though. Legends by Marie Lu and Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller are patiently waiting to be read. And I am impatiently waiting for myself to get her act together and start them.
A list of the books I have read so far this year:
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Abertalli
- I adored this book (which you know if you read my review).
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
- This story f***ed with my mind. Cool premise, will never reread.
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (reread)
- One of my favorite books from when I was younger.
- History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
- So sad! But beautiful. Lots of tears.
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman (audiobook)
- My favorite of the year right now. Read my review to get all my ramblings in their entirety.
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- I am so excited for this movie to come out! Such a wonderful teenage love story.
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- I did not think I would get as invested in this story as I did. Romance and a fair amount of swashbuckling! I loved it.
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- I freaking love Marissa Meyer and have read all of her books (I think). I can’t wait for the sequel! Read all of my renegade thoughts here.
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- I liked The Martian better, but this was still a fun book filled with space shenanigans and sarcasm.
There’s my nine of the year so far! Hopefully I can add a few to the list in the next couple weeks.
Questions for you:
How many books have you read this year?
Do you ever feel judged by Goodreads?